Hello all! My name is Dr. April Minjarez (please call me April) and I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in San Diego. I have been working in the behavioral health field since 1998 starting at Children Residential. Since that time I have worked with children, adolescents, teens, LGBTQIA+, veterans, first responders, active duty military, victims of crime/assault and families. I have worked with individuals/families in various settings such as group homes, step down crisis units, community counseling centers, managed care, military bases, transitional living, in-home, and outpatient settings.
Currently, I work in an outpatient setting providing 1:1 individual therapy for teens and adults.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist #PSY32273
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist #MFC50109
- Licensed Telehealth Provider in Florida #TPMF182
- EMDRIA Approved Virtual Trainer, Consultant & Therapist
- Trauma Recovery/HAP EMDR Trainer & Consultant
- BA National University 2001
- MA University of Phoenix 2006
- Ph.D. Walden University 2016
- MSCP The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (In progress)